My Brest Friend is a brand specialized in maternity and breastfeeding, it has products that facilitate both pregnancy and breastfeeding.
I decided to make this post because My Breast Friend is one of the best brands, and the most recommended by nursing mothers. In my blog, I will always talk about the best products that facilitate breastfeeding so that it is pleasant for both mothers and babies.
Why you should buy a breastfeeding pillow?
In several of my posts, I commented that I used breastfeeding pillows and that they helped me a lot and here I want to explain why.
Most of the time, especially new mothers do not believe that it is necessary to buy a breastfeeding pillow, so let me tell you that for me they constitute a “must have”, mainly in the first days of the puerperium.
If you did not buy one, at the time of breastfeeding your baby, and, your arms hurt, your back, your shoulders, and neck tense, you will regret not having done it. 🙂
They are especially useful in the crisis of growth, when the baby just wants to be stuck to the chest, sometimes for hours (Once I was with Leonardo stuck to the chest for 3 hours).
What are breastfeeding pillows?
They are pillows that were created especially to facilitate breastfeeding, generally have a crescent or U shape, although, this varies according to the brand and model that we buy.
The breastfeeding pillows of My Brest Friend have a circular shape that surrounds the entire waist offering support for the back and for the baby.
How are the breastfeeding pillows of My Brest Friend?
They come in 4 main presentations:
- The Original My Brest Friend Nursing Pillows.
- The Deluxe My Brest Friend Nursing Pillows.
- The inflatable for travel My Brest Friend Nursing Pillows.
- Pillow for twins My Brest Friend Nursing Pillows.
All of them share certain characteristics such as:
- They’re Firm, Flat front cushion: Eliminates the gap between you and the baby, and keeps the baby from rolling in or away during breastfeeding.
- Back Rest: Helps you maintain good posture during feeding to prevent sore backs and necks.
- Wrap around design: Secures to the body, helping mom and baby maintaining an ideal positioning and latch-on.
- Arm and elbow rest: Eliminate shoulder stress.
- Convenient Pocket: For nursing and other accessories.
A message from the manufacturer:
“My Brest Friend nursing pillow is the perfect support pillow for proper
latch-on and breastfeeding in comfort and security. The nursing pillow
was developed in a laboratory of new moms, babies, and breastfeeding
experts who set out to create a nursing pillow whose sole purpose was to
answer all the needs of breastfeeding moms and babies.”
The main difference between the Original and the Deluxe is mainly the cover, the deluxe has more soft covers and besides the buckle it also has velcro. The covers are from Minky fabric.
The original has 100% cotton fabric and you can find a cover which is 100% organic cotton too if you need it.
The pillow comes with one cover but you can purchase more separately.
The inflatable has the same shape as the original but is specially designed for travel in the bus or airplane, you can inflate and deflate any time.
My Brest Friend Twin pillow
The twin pillow is one of their star product, actually is one of the best nursing pillows for twins on the market, according to breastfeeding moms who tried several brands.
It brings an incredible support and moms can breastfeed their both children at the same time while they get an arm and back support.
Pros and cons of breastfeeding pillows by My Brest Friend
- Offers support for the arms and back.
- Wrap around design that stays firm and does not move.
- You can buy several covers to exchange them in the washings.
- It offers a firm support for the baby.
- It has a pocket to have near the articles of first necessity or your cell phone.
- Ideal to use after a cesarean.
- The time it takes to place the pillow as it has to be placed around the body and hooked.
- Some mothers pointed out that the inflatable pillow does not provide the same
support as the original and that it quickly deflated after several
- It is a little complicated to change the covers due to the shape of the pillow.
- There are not many options of covers with children’s designs as with other brands.
Where can I get My Brest Friend nursing pillow?
All of them are available at www.Amazon.com
Its price goes from 39.$95 includes the pillow and a cover.
The covers are from $12.95.
It has a score of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Its price goes from 39.$95 includes a pillow and a cover
The covers are from 19.$99
It has a score of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Its price is $29.99 includes a pillow and a cover.
It has a score of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Its price ranges from $61.99, includes the pillow for twins and a cover.
The covers are from $31.99.
It has a score of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Now that you know the main features, the pros and cons and the comments of other breastfeeding mothers regarding the breastfeeding pillows of My Breast Friend, I hope it helps you in the process of choosing the perfect breastfeeding pillow according to your needs, or, if you if you were already thinking of trying My Brest Friend, helps you in your decision.
I hope this post was useful and please leave me in the comments if you use this brand if you like it or don’t if you prefer other brands, etc. so we can have more options.
Thank you very much for reading and please share this article if you know someone who needs to read it.